2009.11.19 17:07


Situated in the eastern part of Mt. Geumjeong in north Busan, it was founded by venerable Buddhist priest Eusang of the Silla dynasty in 678 and largely rebuilt in the period of King Heungdeok. In the past there were 360 hermitages, 360 keul ( the ancient measurement of estates ) and almost 100 servants. With many historical relics inside of the temple, the beautiful and calm surroundings of Beomeosa Temple are well-known.
Location Cheongnyong-dong, Geumjeong-gu
Admission Fee 1,000 won for adult, 700 won fro student, and 500 won for children
How to get there Get off at Subway Line No. 1 Beomeosa Temple Station (Exit No. 5 ~ 7) and take Bus No. 90 at Seungha Mart.
For more info. ☎ 82-51-508-3123~7

Main Building of the Beomeosa Temple
The present main building of Beomeosa Temple was constructed by Myojunhwasang in 1614 (the 6th year of King Kwanghae) and restructured by Hungbohwasang in 1713 (King Sukjong 39).
Our Government designated it as a treasure in 1966 and restructured it during 1969-70 in view of its historic value. The structure of the eaves is delicate and beautiful, and it is a good example of the Buddhist building style during the mid Joseon period. The Delicacy of the facade and the roof warrants this being considered the most sophisticated wooden building in Busan.
Asset No. Treasure No.434
Designated Date Feb 28, 1966
Location 546, Cheongryong-dong, Geumjeong-gu

Three-storied Stone Tower of the Beomeosa Temple
This 3 - story stone pagoda was built during the reign of King Heungdeok (826-836) of the Silla Dynasty. It was restored during the Japanese occupation. At this time a stone basement and a railing were added.

This pagoda was built during the reign of King Heungdok (826-836) of the Silla Kingdom on a double base. On the lower base, a facial image is carved without Taengju. The upper base, of which the middle stone is placed in a high position, is filled with facial images. The 2nd and 3rd floors are comparably much smaller. The Okkae base is 4 tiered, flat, and thin in the late Silla style.

It was greatly restored during the Japanese occupation when stones were added to the base and a railing was put around it.

Asset No. Treasure No.250
Designated Date Jan 21, 1963
Location 546, Cheongnyong-dong, Geumjeong-gu, Busan(in Beomeosa Temple)

Stone Lantern of the Beomeosa Temple
This lantern was made on a square base with an octagonal stone lower portion, middle part, upper part and open door. The entire lantern is in the traditional Silla style.

The lower stone portion is carved into a lotus pedestal with a single leaf and 8 valves. The center section is an octagonal stone pillar. The upper stone portion is carved as a thick 8 valve double flower lotus.

A stone at the base of the lantern had 4 rectangular doors. A roof on the stone tower is also octagonal and it's single rafter is horizontal. The top part of the stone tower had a square roadbed upon which small precious beads were placed.

The stone lantern was originally made at the garden of Yonghwa Shrine and it recently moved to the present location. It is assumed that the stone lantern was made during the period of King Hungduk of Silla who restructured the Beomeosa Temple.

Asset No. Local Tangible Cultural Property No.16
Designated Date Jun 26, 1972
Location Western side of the main building of the Beomeosa Temple

Iljumun of Beomeosa Temple (Front Gate)
This type of gate is referred to as a 3 deliverance gate, as it contains the principles of Buddhism that all of the canons of the world stems from one source.
The gate is positioned to be the initial one walks through when entering a temple.

It is not known when the gate was first constructed but it is believed to have been rebuilt in 1614, the sixth year of King Gwanghaegun (r. 1608-23), when a Priest named Myojonhwasang had several of the temple structures renovated. Records indicate that in 1718, Priest Myonghup-taesa, had two pillars replaced with stone and that the structure was rebuilt by Priest Paegam-sonsa in 1781. The short wooden pillars are set on high foundation stones. The roof is gabled and has multi-cluster brackets.

Asset No. Local Tangible Cultural Property No.2
Designated Date Jun 26, 1972
Location Cheongnyong-dong (inside the Temple), Geumjeong-gu, Busan


'Busan' 카테고리의 다른 글

Beomeosa(Temple)  (1) 2009.11.19
History of Busan  (3) 2009.11.19
Dadaepo Beach  (0) 2009.11.12
Haeundae beach  (0) 2009.11.12
Gwangalli beach  (0) 2009.11.12
Busan  (3) 2009.11.12
Trackback 0 Comment 1

티스토리 툴바